Introduce Yourself!

Share your experiences and questions about OCD here. Discussions about any type of OCD is welcome, including sexual obsessions (like sexual orientation OCD, also called SO-OCD or HOCD).

Moderators: celewi06, ajc13027, m_bravo, admin, monnicat, baylorlinz, BroderickS, SoSi, SLeavell, ocdspectrumguru, scooz731, jndowe01, js2869, andrewj

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby Ced428 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Call me too young to be worrying about this stuff
I'm 14, don't judge
I'm from that place with polar bears and igloos
I eat and sleep and exercise and play video games for a living
I didn't hear about anything. I was browsing the web searching for a solution to all the shitty things in my life
Not sure I'm gonna gain anything from participating, just thought if I communicated with people who have similar problems as me, it might make things a little better
No I have not been officially diagnosed, my parents can find little time to take me to see a true doctor who specializes in this crap
Things started getting bad over the past 6 months or so, I always give in to my compulsions as I can't control them whatsoever. I haven't found a way to deal with my compulsions, it's getting pretty bad
If I could be a superhero I would be that kid from Game of Thrones who can put his consciousness in animals :)
Ced428

Postby wrinklytoad » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:44 pm

I've had a lifelong mild obsession with numbers, for example when I'm travelling I'm constantly calculating average speed, time and mileage of journey, percentage of journey completed and so on. I collect things and like to accumulate a large number, and set targets of how many objects I should acquire per month. Eventually I decide I have too many and either get rid of them all (past examples have been stamps and model railway equipment) or stop collecting that particular item and go on to something else. The most recent collection is thimbles, of which I have a few hundred. I also feel compelled to do a set number of miles on my motorcycle each year and get irritated if I can't keep up an average of 100 per week even though, being retired, I don't need to travel much.

My mum used to count the numbers of the hymns in church, and the tiles on the wall, so perhaps this tendency is hereditary.

I'd be interested to know if this condition is common, and especially, how to overcome it.
wrinklytoad

Postby Davidsmith150 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:29 am

Hello! I am David smith and I am working as a content writer at Help4assignment.
Davidsmith150

Postby ajc13027 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:15 am

Hi David,

Nice to meet you! So glad you found our forum. We are back up and running. Feel free to start topics/post whenever. I will be starting more topics soon.

Alexis :D
ajc13027

Postby HannaBanana13 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:35 am

Hello, guys! I am new here, so let me tell you more about myself.

❑ Your name, or what you prefer to be called.
My name is Hanna.
❑ Your age
❑ Where do you live and/or where are you from?
I am from Ukraine
❑ What you do for a living and/or what you study in school?
I am a translator (Ukrainian/Russian/English)
❑ Where did you hear about this forum and what made you decide to join?
I've found it on Google and decided to join immediately as I am an ex-OCD-sufferer and I know how hard it can be, so I want to share my experience of getting well with other people

I remember myself suffering from OCD since I was 14 (now I am 27), but I think it started earlier, I just didn't understand that yet. It was quite a hard experience for me as I didn't know about this disorder at all, so I was thinking I was just going crazy day by day. I didn't tell anyone about my condition and my fears, so it was a huge everyday stress that was making my OCD only harder. After some years I've got to know about OCD from some movie on TV and I told my boyfriend that I have the same thing. I was so relieved by telling someone about my rituals and other things and by knowing that I am not the only one in this word with this disorder and it even has a name. So I started to treat it with doctors and without them, I've tried a lot of methods and I am happy to say that now I feel free from OCD. There appear some symptoms when I get stressed or tired but they are very easy to cope! As I was struggling with OCD for many years and I know how hard it can be, I feel all the people with OCD as my sisters and brothers, so I really wanted to be helpful and decided to write a guide of self-help for people with OCD and also for their relatives/friends. Here is the link for this guide: https://www.solutionbay.com/solutions/obsessivecompulsive-disorder-ocd. I really need your feedback, so I will know if it's helpful or if I need to change something. I really hope that it will help some of you as I tried almost all of the methods described in the guide on myself and finally, they worked somehow. I hug you all and wait for your comments! Thank you!
HannaBanana13

Postby SallyT » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:33 am

Thanks for the information! this is good!
SallyT

Postby jackaboy02 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:06 pm

❑ Your name, or what you prefer to be called.
Call me Jack :)

❑ Your age
Starting college soon.

❑ Where do you live and/or where are you from?
From cornfields and cows, USA. Headed to Western MI University

❑ What you do for a living and/or what you study in school?
Gonna study music therapy and food service administration.

❑ Where did you hear about this forum and what made you decide to join?
I accidentally found this forum, actually. Im happy I found it, and want to be able to talk to people who understand the illness

❑ What benefits do you gain from participating in this community?
I hope that I'll find friends and more understanding on how to live with OCD.

❑ Have you been officially diagnosed (as in by a licensed psychiatrist, not WebMD) with OCD or another psychiatric illness?
Yes, with OCD and Schizo-affective Disorder.

❑ If so, for how long? How are you managing the symptoms (therapy, medication, etc)?
I was going to therapy but it has slipped by the wayside :/

❑ And now, to end things on a lighter note, if you could be any superhero or super villain, who would it be and why?
Definitely Raven from Teen Titans (am I a nerd for wishing that). Her powers are the most interesting and I feel like she and I have similar attitudes haha :)
jackaboy02

Postby evawilson » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:51 am

Hi there, my name is Eva Wilson. I've been working for over 20 years in IT sector, as Project Manager, Team Leader and focused mainly in areas of IT services, e-Learning and consulting .
evawilson

Postby evawilson » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:36 am

Hello there! I am newbie here.
evawilson

Postby Martingail » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 am

Hello there! I am Martin Gail from Alaska and newbie in this forum community and I have 7 years teaching experience in UK, Teaching Statistics to a wide range of students from Elementary level right through to PhD Students. Currently, I am providing my tutoring services at SPSS Tutors.
Martingail

PreviousNext

Return to Talk about OCD