MS, ALS, Cancer OCD

Share your experiences and questions about OCD here. Discussions about any type of OCD is welcome, including sexual obsessions (like sexual orientation OCD, also called SO-OCD or HOCD).

Moderators: celewi06, ajc13027, admin, monnicat, cleins04, m_bravo, BroderickS, js2869, scooz731, jndowe01, baylorlinz, SoSi, SLeavell, ocdspectrumguru, son1997, ddvine_1, andrewj

MS, ALS, Cancer OCD

Postby depressed » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:33 pm

So my HOCD improved lately due to being super busy and throwing myself into hobbies. But now I'm starting to worry about diseases again. I have moles and think its MEelanoma. I have the odd warm sensation in my fingers and tight hamstring and think I have ALS or MS.

Googling symptoms is not a good idea either.
depressed
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Re: MS, ALS, Cancer OCD

Postby Zamyou » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 am

Welcome to my current world... i too feel like i have diabetes, leukemia, other type of cancer or MS / ALS..
Do not google the symptoms! I dont know how many diseases have the common symptom of tiredness, headaches or tingling which all can be a sign of anxiety.. check out calmclinic's webpage!
Zamyou
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Postby lockheed » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Beat my fears :) I have full body twitching and constant muscle twitching in my calves! I am pretty sure that I have ALS, I do exercises to check if I have clinical weakness or not. I fear ALS for a year now, my twitching started from constant cheek twitches in Spring/Autumn 2015 (I am not sure).
lockheed
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Postby depressed » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm

The ALS fears are gone. Back to being terrified of being gay. I had a groinal response to a football players face on tv. I wasn't checking for arousal, they just happen instantly and I am convinced that this is natural subconscious attraction. I dont think this is hocd and that I am just not welcoming the fact Im gay and fighting it instead of accepting it. FML
depressed
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Postby mc1 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 am

My HOCD has flared up a bit as well. I'm on psychforums as this site is somewhat dead. Truth to be told, I prefer brainphysics and this site over psychforums. I suppose I'm used to the users on this board and the layout.

I spiked to some dudes out in public and my OCD is telling me I'm gay. I did the usual bit of trying to accept it, but I know it's not who I am. We just have to keep fighting this thing.
mc1

Postby Onlythelonely » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this ball and chain after so long. I've been here and on the other sites for years, but was away for a very long time because forums and such were an obsession for me in and of themselves, to the point that my relationship was suffering. I'm now married, and I still infrequently have OCD issues. The best advice, as I've always given, is to live life in spite of the OCD, even if sometimes you feel like you're lying to yourself. I wouldn't want to change being married, being happy, etc. for anything. Keep up and keep trying mate.
Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf. Jonatan Mårtensson
Onlythelonely
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Postby mc1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Onlythelonely wrote:
> I'm so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this ball and chain
> after so long. I've been here and on the other sites for years, but was
> away for a very long time because forums and such were an obsession for me
> in and of themselves, to the point that my relationship was suffering. I'm
> now married, and I still infrequently have OCD issues. The best advice, as
> I've always given, is to live life in spite of the OCD, even if sometimes
> you feel like you're lying to yourself. I wouldn't want to change being
> married, being happy, etc. for anything. Keep up and keep trying mate.

I will do that. I won't give up. Thank you.
mc1

Return to Talk about OCD