MS, ALS, Cancer OCD

Share your experiences and questions about OCD here. Discussions about any type of OCD is welcome, including sexual obsessions (like sexual orientation OCD, also called SO-OCD or HOCD).

Moderators: celewi06, ajc13027, admin, monnicat, cleins04, m_bravo, BroderickS, js2869, scooz731, jndowe01, baylorlinz, SoSi, SLeavell, ocdspectrumguru, son1997, ddvine_1, andrewj

MS, ALS, Cancer OCD

Postby depressed » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:33 pm

So my HOCD improved lately due to being super busy and throwing myself into hobbies. But now I'm starting to worry about diseases again. I have moles and think its MEelanoma. I have the odd warm sensation in my fingers and tight hamstring and think I have ALS or MS.

Googling symptoms is not a good idea either.
depressed
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Re: MS, ALS, Cancer OCD

Postby Zamyou » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 am

Welcome to my current world... i too feel like i have diabetes, leukemia, other type of cancer or MS / ALS..
Do not google the symptoms! I dont know how many diseases have the common symptom of tiredness, headaches or tingling which all can be a sign of anxiety.. check out calmclinic's webpage!
Zamyou
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Postby lockheed » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Beat my fears :) I have full body twitching and constant muscle twitching in my calves! I am pretty sure that I have ALS, I do exercises to check if I have clinical weakness or not. I fear ALS for a year now, my twitching started from constant cheek twitches in Spring/Autumn 2015 (I am not sure).
lockheed
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Postby depressed » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm

The ALS fears are gone. Back to being terrified of being gay. I had a groinal response to a football players face on tv. I wasn't checking for arousal, they just happen instantly and I am convinced that this is natural subconscious attraction. I dont think this is hocd and that I am just not welcoming the fact Im gay and fighting it instead of accepting it. FML
depressed
Super Senior Member
Super Senior Member

Postby mc1 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 am

My HOCD has flared up a bit as well. I'm on psychforums as this site is somewhat dead. Truth to be told, I prefer brainphysics and this site over psychforums. I suppose I'm used to the users on this board and the layout.

I spiked to some dudes out in public and my OCD is telling me I'm gay. I did the usual bit of trying to accept it, but I know it's not who I am. We just have to keep fighting this thing.
mc1

Return to Talk about OCD